One Post-Doctoral Fellowship is open at the Fundação da Faculdade de
Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, for the project, Cosmological Tests
of Gravity, EXPL/FIS-AST/1608/2013, financed by national funds by FCT /
MEC (PIDDAC) under the programme Exploratory Research Projects, under
the following conditions:
2. Requirements for admission: PhD at the date of appointment
3. Work plan: Investigation of a general class of scalar-tensor models
both analytically and numerically with the aim of better understanding
the current acceleration of the Universe.
4. Legislation framework: A fellowship contract will be celebrated
according to the regulations defined by FCT “Regulations for Advanced
Training and Qualification of Human Resources”, in accordance with Law
40/2004, of 18 August, as amended and republished by Decree-Law No.
202/2012 of 27 August, and as amended by Decree-Law No. 233/2012 of 29
October and by Law No. 12/2013, of January 29, and Decree-Law No.
89/2013 of 9 July. And also by the FCT, I.P. Fellowships Regulation of
2013 approved by Regulation No. 234/2012, of June 25, as amended by
Regulation No 326/2013 of 27 August 2013, in force
5. Place of work: The work will be developed at the Centre for Astronomy
and Astrophysics of the University of Lisbon under the scientific
guidance of Dr Nelson Nunes.
6. Fellowship duration: This position is initially opened for 6 months
and will begin on April 2014. The grant contract may be renewed to 6
months more or eventually until the end date of the project, in
accordance with the provisions of Regulation of Research Fellowships
from the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P. - 2013.
7. Monthly allowance: The fellowship amounts to €1495 per month
according to table values of the scholarships awarded directly by the
FCT, IP. (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). The grant holder
will have a personal accident insurance and, if not covered by any
social protection scheme can ensure the right to social security through
adherence to the voluntary social insurance scheme, pursuant to Código
dos Regimes Contributivos do Sistema Previdencial de Segurança Social.
The scholarships will be paid monthly by bank transfer
8. Selection method: Candidates will be assessed by the quality of their
CV (80%) and teleconference interview (20%).
9. Selection Committee: Nelson Nunes (president), Francisco Lobo and
José Pedro Mimoso.
10. Publication/notification of results: The final results of the
evaluation will become public, through alphabetically ordered list which
will be posted at the entrance hall of the Fundação da Faculdade de
Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, located at the Faculdade de Ciências
da Universidade de Lisboa, C1 bdg – 3rd floor, Campo Grande, 1749-016
Lisboa, and the selected candidate will be notified by email.
11. Deadlines: This call for applications is open from 24th February to
7th March 2014.
12. Application: Applications may be sent via e-mail to Nelson Nunes
(firstname.lastname@example.org), by attaching the following documents: Curriculum
Vitae and Motivation letter. The candidates must also provide the
contact of two referees.